Saturday, June 13, 2009

Explanation

Hello everybody. So, I decided to start a blog to be just like Kara and Mike. For those of you who may not know, I am traveling to Spain for 6 1/2 weeks this summer. I'm starting my Masters in Spanish through Sacramento State University. The program I'm in is my dream program. It's all done during the summers and it's all abroad. They switch every year between Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Peru, and Spain. It will probably take me 4 or 5 summers to finish, although it can be done in 3, but you'd have to take 9 credits each summer to do that.

Anyway, I will arrive in Madrid on the 25th of June and for the next 10 days, we'll be traveling to Seville, Granada, Córdoba, Toledo, and Segovia. Our final stop for the next four weeks will be in Valladolid in the autónoma of Castilla y León. There, I will be staying with a host family and taking two classes at the University of Valladolid. The classes look intense. Somewhere within those 4 weeks, we will be taking a trip to Salamanca. On August 3rd, we will return to Madrid where most of the students will be returning to the US. But I'm going to stay there and pick Jordan up at the airport! Yay! We will then travel to Perpignon, France for a day or maybe two, and end up in Barcelona (Spain) until the 10th. That is when we fly home!

This will be one busy summer. I'm excited and terrified all at once. The closer it comes, the more I think about how hard it will be to leave Jordan for that long, and I feel sick to my stomach. My main goal from this will be to come back being a better Spanish speaker and to be confident about it so I can be a better teacher.

I don't know how often I will post things. It depends on if anything exciting ever happens. If anybody has a Skype account, add me and we can Skype. My screenname is juleea10, or you can just search my full name. I'll just be 8 hours ahead of those on the west coast and 5 hours ahead of those in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. Anyway, prayers would be much appreciated...especially when I'm flying! I'll catch ya'll later.

No comments: